Piedmont Triad Anesthesia is an independent professional association comprised of 29 board certified anesthesiologists, more than 100 certified registered nurse anesthetists, and six physician assistants. Our group of highly trained anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA) serve over 46,000 patients per year at area hospitals in the Triad.
The Charge Entry Specialist is primarily responsible for charge entry of patient records to meet strict deadlines for claims submission. This involves charge entry of records for multiple facilities by entering demographic and insurance information, CPT, ICD-10, and Quality Measure codes, provider names, anesthesia start and stop times, etc., and ensuring the accuracy of data entered, calculated charges and batch counts. This position assists with other day-to-day functions of the team and provides backup support to the Billing Department as needed to ensure that processes are completed timely and accurately.
Key Responsibilities – Overview:
- Charge Entry of Anesthesia Charges
- Charge Entry of Quality Measures
- Education: High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Experience of two years in related field desired
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Efficient and accurate keying and data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively while completing tasks within expected deadlines
- Ability to think analytically to make decisions
- Self-starter who can perform duties independently
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to resolve problems and draw valid conclusions
- Possess strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate both written and verbally with colleagues, providers, and all levels of management
- Ability to practice customer service concepts by communicating clearly and concisely in person and on the phone and establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients and third-party payers