Piedmont Triad Anesthesia is an independent professional association comprised of 29 board certified anesthesiologists, more than 100 certified registered nurse anesthetists, and six physician assistants. Our group of highly trained anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA) serve over 46,000 patients per year at area hospitals in the Triad.
The Billing and Collections Specialist is primarily responsible for collection of delinquent, hardship, bankruptcy, attorney/legal, estate accounts, and assigned third-party payers seeking maximum reimbursement for services rendered. This involves carefully reviewing patient account balances for next steps in the collection process and utilizing best efforts to collect before transferring to outside collections, as well as following up on outstanding insurance claims with payers as assigned. This position assists with other day-to-day functions of the team and provides backup support to the Billing Department as needed to ensure that processes are completed timely and accurately.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing open accounts for collection efforts
- Resolving client-billing problems and rescuing accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner
- Demonstrating successful appeal and claim correction skills
- Reviewing all processed claims to ensure payment
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Understanding and applying the importance of providing Quality Customer Service
- Providing quality record keeping for both paid and unpaid claims
- Able to demonstrate an increase in collections based on set targets
- Other general medical billing and medical collections duties
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Ability to reach set collection targets
- Strong follow up and organizing skills
- Minimum of Associates Degree or 2 years’ experience in equivalent field.